UPCOMING AT KOLOT
Saturday 8/30: Labor Day Shabbat in Prospect Park
The "tallis tree" is straight in from 11th Street and Prospect Park West entrance and across the park road. The tree is near the ballparks, which are under renovation, and slightly north of the horse corral/ring. Bring something to sit on. If heavy rain, we meet at Gethsemane.
9:00-10:00am Torah study
9:30am Chanting led by Lisa Zbar
10:00am Potluck breakfast please bring a nosh to share
10:30am Service led by Rabbi Lippmann and Cantor Segal with special guest Kercena Dozier, lawyer and organizer for the fast food workers campaign.
Kolot Chayeinu's High Holy Days schedule
Ali Abu Awwad and Hanan Schlesinger
Moderated by Rabbi Ellen Lippmann
Sunday, Sept. 7, 7:00pm at Kolot Chayeinu
Suggested donation $5-$10 to offset speakers' travel costs
- More thoughts from Rabbi Lippmann and Kolotniks -- August 11, 2014 | 15 Av 5774
- A note from Rabbi Lippmann and two Kolotniks -- July 28, 2014 | 1 Av 5774
- A special note from Rabbi Lippmann -- July 23, 2014 | 25 Tamuz 5774
- A d'var Torah by Kolot member Carolyn Klassen -- Parsha Mattot (July 19, 2014 / 21 Tamuz 5774)
- A prayer by Kolot member and rabbinical student Trisha Arlin
- A d'var Torah by Kolot member Sandy Abramson -- Parsha Masei (July 26, 2014 | 28 Tamuz 5774)
Smile! Some of the over 50 Kolotniks who were at the June 8th Congregational Meeting! We had a great afternoon of discussion about Kolot's growing reputation far beyond Brooklyn, our finances, Leadership Team, Gemilut Hasadim, Social Justice efforts, the Race Task Force, What's Next and more. Read more.