UPCOMING AT KOLOT
High Holy Days Schedule 5775
CF = Camp Friendship, 339 8th St. (between 5th & 6th Ave.)
MT = Mission for Today, 298 6th Ave. (at 2nd St.)
KC = Kolot Chayeinu, 1012 Eighth Ave. (between 10th & 11th St.)
PP = Prospect Park
Kol Nidre: Friday 10/3, MT
On Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur we welcome you to wear white as a symbol of purity, to refrain from wearing leather to honor all life, and when entering/exiting the service, to engage in quiet conversation or contemplation to honor the holiness of this day.
6 PM Service I
8:30 PM Service II
Yom Kippur: Saturday 10/4, MT
10 AM Service
11 AM Family service CF
1:30 PM Adult learning: “Sustaining Music, Changing Music.” Hear Kolot member and acclaimed composer Marty Ehrlich speak to the roles doubt and faith play in his music and musical practice.
3:30 PM Afternoon service including creative interpretations of Jonah and Avodah
5 PM Yizkor—Memorial Service
6:30 PM Neilah—Concluding Service
7:30 PM Community Break-Fast
7:30 PM Locally Grown (Kolot's 20s and 30s group) Heimishe Potluck Break-Fast at home of Kolot member Briana Carp in Kensington. Please bring a substantial vegetarian dish to share. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for exact address.
View Kolot Chayeinu's High Holy Days schedule
full details at www.kolotchayeinu.org/hhd2014
Kolotniks at the massive People's Climate March. We were so proud to be part of the 400,000 strong!
Roots/Judur/Shorashim: A Conversation on Palestinian Nonviolent Resistance and the Changing of Minds
video by Joe Friendly
Ali Abu Awwad and Hanan Schlesinger
Moderated by Rabbi Ellen Lippmann on Sept. 7 at Kolot Chayeinu
- More thoughts from Rabbi Lippmann and Kolotniks -- August 11, 2014 | 15 Av 5774
- A note from Rabbi Lippmann and two Kolotniks -- July 28, 2014 | 1 Av 5774
- A special note from Rabbi Lippmann -- July 23, 2014 | 25 Tamuz 5774
- A d'var Torah by Kolot member Carolyn Klassen -- Parsha Mattot (July 19, 2014 / 21 Tamuz 5774)
- A prayer by Kolot member and rabbinical student Trisha Arlin
- A d'var Torah by Kolot member Sandy Abramson -- Parsha Masei (July 26, 2014 | 28 Tamuz 5774)